- 17-Apr-2014 to 07-May-2014 (MST)
- UT Admin
- Park City, UT, USA
LEARNING OPPORTUNITY: Intern will have the opportunity to learn about the planning and execution of a community outreach program while assisting the Utah Community and Student Program staff with presenting the 2014 Outdoor Summer Screening Series and conducting student outreach for Institute workshops and the 2015 Sundance Film Festival.
CONSIDERATIONS: This is a part time position (20-25 hrs/week) that runs from May 12, 2014-August 22, 2014. This position may be required to work extended hours, including evenings and weekends. This position requires the employee to have independent and reliable transportation for travel to events in Park City and Salt Lake City.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Draft copy for Summer Series promotional materials which may include advertisements, email blasts, and web copy.
• Assist with the implementation and execution of a community outreach plan for the Summer Series.
• Assist with onsite screening operations.
• Compile and organize materials for grant evaluations.
• Assist with the development and execution of a student outreach plan for the 2015 Sundance Film Festival.
• Revise copy for Student Pages on the Institute and Festival websites.
• Update/add contacts to College Database.
• Assist with developing materials for student presentations.
• Assist with outreach to appropriate youth organizations, colleges, and universities to drive youth attendance at Institute day workshops.
• Attend outreach events including conferences and meetings as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree or working towards degree in related field.
• Some office experience required.
• Experience doing community outreach at local events preferred.
• Current Utah college or university student or Utah resident preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Able to work with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and Word required.
• Self motivated, organized, and pays close attention to detail required.